It is very virtuous to hear that coldpressed oils/ wood press oils are very welcoming among people.
Public are getting more aware of the ineffectual refine oils and their add evil preservatives and artificial flavours. People are getting more conscious about their health.
Do you think oil is not good for the body? That’s the general misconception that most people think of! The real culprit the type of oil we use and the amount of fats present in the oil.
In the olden days, the oil was extract in chekku made of vaagai Maram and vaagai marachekku oil (virgin coldpress oil) is considered extremely beneficial to one’s health.
The vaagai maram is use absorb heat and maintain the oil extraction at atmospheric temperature. They also use bulls to operate the chekku and they would move slowly.
This method makes the oils retain the nutritional value and flavours. No matter they were much more healthier than us.
1. How Are They Made?
- Oil seeds need to be dry, crush and to be pressed in low temperature.
- When it is do this way, the colour, aroma, density, taste and nutrients remains unalter.
- The oil is nutrient rich with vitamins, proteins, calcium, fibres, iron, magnesium and phosporous.
- The mara chekku uses a slow mechanical process at a atmospheric temperature while segregate the oil from nuts and seeds. They have a low smoking point and cooking with them retains the aroma and nutrition.
- The oil seeds are place inside a wooden mortar and ground with a pestle. It doesn’t involve any generation or application of warmth .
2. Why Should You Choose Woodpressed Oil Over Other Refined Oils?
What are refine oils?
- Refined oil is filter by chemicals. It may be disinfect by acid, alkali or even bleach.
- It may be neutralize, deodorize or even filter using harmful substances like hexane which extract from petroleum and crude oil! What! So are we intaking something which is clean by crude oil extracts?
- It even causes damage to the immune system and cause digestive issues.
- It impact the respiratory system and cause shortness of breath, coughing and heart burn.
- Caustic soda is being use for neutralization process for removing the free fatty acids.They seldom have any nutrients in it.
So what’s the use of adding this kind of refined oils in your diet which has no healthy stuff but add extra calories to your body?
Nutritional Boons Of Woodpressed Oil
- They contain all essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins, lecithin and phospholipids.
- It contains low cholesterol levels because it is manufacture under low heat. It is great for the skin and aids weight loss.It improve the good cholesterol levels(HDL) in our body and aids in reducing the bad cholesterol(LDL).
- It’s loaded with antioxidants with and help radical cell damage.
- Marachekku Ennai is a source of vitamin E and it produces anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- It helps the oral hygiene practices through ‘oil-pulling’ – strengthens the jaws and prevents and stops bleeding gums.
- Harmful substances such as hexane, hydrogen peroxide, sodium bicarbonate and bleaching agents are not use like using to manufactur refined oils.
- They are free from harmful preservatives like transfats, so make sure to consume them within 3-4 months. Keep them in a dark place away from sunlight.
Standard Coldpressed Oil is a longtime traditional online shop which works with organic farmers and manufacturers.
We are here to ease your life by browsing in a quick way and deliver 100% quality products to your doorstep.
The workers working with us are truly commit to deliver the upmost satisfaction of the customers.
Discover a wide range of online organic products at affordable prices and start to grow healthy with your family.