Many people fall asleep immediately after eating well in the afternoon. The body yearns to lie down and wake.
Thus some people will look at other jobs even after sleeping for a while even if they have work over their head.
What causes uncontrollable sleep after eating like that ..? Experts call this ‘food coma’. Let’s see what this means and what are the ways to fix it.
What is Food Coma?
The medical name for foot coma is postprandial somnolence. This means sleep after eating.
Symptoms of this food coma include drowsiness after eating, drowsiness, and lethargy without any involvement in any work.
During this time the body has less energy. The body does not cooperate even when trying to get up and work actively. If there are symptoms like this it is called Food Coma.
Why is this food coma coming?
Doctors have given two reasons for this.
Reason 1: Eating foods high in carbohydrates and foods high in sugar will start to increase the blood sugar level in the body. This can cause you to have a food coma.
So the amount of food you eat will also be taken into account. If you eat the same food in moderation it will not be a problem.
Whereas eating too much carbohydrate and sugary foods at the same time can lead to food coma.
Reason 2: Once you have a hearty lunch the body goes into rest mode to digest it.
During this time the vagus nerve is stimulated to stimulate emotions. It makes its contribution to the food you eat. Thus you get sleep.
What is the way to get rid of this food coma?
Now you may understand why you have food coma. It is said that this increase in food coma is due to work from home.
Our overall lifestyle has been turned upside down since our eating habits increased.
Many are now finding it difficult to recover from a work-from-home lifestyle as they return to normal and return to office work. So here are some things you need to do to get rid of.
- Follow a sleep pattern: Limit your daily sleep time and try to fall asleep within it. Ensure 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Eating less: The main cause of food coma is overeating. So reduce the amount of your food. Likewise eat moderate foods other than heavy meals. Then you will feel the change for yourself.
- Be active: Do not sit still while eating. Plan the jobs that will happen here and there, and the jobs that will keep you active.
- Dietary balance: Ensure that there are balanced nutrients in the diet. Do not skip carbohydrates for that. Carbohydrates are essential for energy. Eat a diet rich in protein, healthy fats and vegetables.
- Eat at the right time: Eat all three work meals within the allotted time. Especially eat dinner before 8 p.m. Avoid eating over 10 and falling asleep immediately after eating. This habit can also lead to problems such as high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes.
Originally posted 2022-03-07 23:49:20.