Choosing the right kind of list of diets may be a slightly confusing task of many moms.
We surely want our kids to not experience diarrhoea or any kind of discomfort since they are too small enough to explain it! Have you given your baby pineapple?
As parents, we want to ensure our kids are receiving nutritious foods which are beneficial for their overall growth and development.
As fruits and vegetables play a very important role in your babies’ diet, not all of them are given at a particular age.
Some fruits are acidic like oranges lemon, grapes, pineapples and some may turn out allergic-like eggs, peanuts, wheat and cow’s milk which may cause rashes and discomfort.
1. So What About Pineapples?
- Pineapple doesn’t come under the category of citrus fruits but they are acidic and your baby’s digestive system may find it hard to digest it.
- Consuming citrus fruits may result in a rash when you try them too early in your baby. Try to neutralize them in oatmeal or with any salad, yoghurt etc.
- If you have given your child a piece of and have not noticed any negative side effects, you can continue to give them to your baby.
- If your baby is too sensitive to food, wait for them until they turn one year old to avoid allergic conditions.
2. Nutritional Value Of Pineapple
- Pineapples are a loaded source of vitamins, nutrients and minerals. It is a great source of vitamin C which helps in the production of collagen and boost the immune system.
- Pineapple contains vitamin B1 which contributes towards proper muscle function and nervous system. Beside food, it is also used in traditional dietary medicine. It contains antioxidants and also aids digestion.
- Most of the therapeutic properties are attributed to bromelain, a complex mixture of protease. It is found in pineapple fruits and its stem.
3. Heath Benefits Of Pineapple
- Prevents Constipation
Besides having a good amount of water, pineapples are also loaded with fibre which regulates bowel movements and prevents constipation.
- Maintain Healthy Heart
Pineapple contains bromelain which proved is to have many cardiovascular benefits. When consumed regularly, bromelain reduces blood pressure and removes plaque from the arterial walls of the heart and therefore reduces bad cholesterol levels.
- Pain Relief- Bromelain has analgesic properties to provide relief to pain.
- Lowers Infections And Boosts Immunity- Researchers have found out that children who eat them have significantly lower risk of viral and bacterial infections. They also found that they have four times of disease-fighting WBC cells when compared tho non-eaters of pineapples. Studies have found that bromelain can reduce the markers of inflammation.
- Ease Symptoms Of Arthritis- The anti-inflammatory properties present in bromelain may give short term relief to people with common types of arthritis. It’s not clear whether bromelain can provide long term treatment arthritis.
- Cancer-Fighting Properties- Several studies are found that pineapple and its compounds reduce the risk of cancers. This is because they minimise oxidative stress and reduce inflammation. Two test-tube studies have found that bromelain suppressed the growth of breast cancer cells and stimulated cell death.
4. Pineapple May Be Allergic Too!
Apart from being allergic, they can hurt your baby’s tongue. The irritation is caused by a combination of enzymes called bromelain which breaks down proteins and essentially attacks the tongue, cheeks and lips.
Another tip to ease the burn is to pair up pineapples with ice cream or yoghurt will give bromelain another enzyme other protein to digest instead of ones in your tongue.
5. How To Cut And Peel A Pineapple?
- Cut off the stem end and base of the pineapple.
- Stand on its end and using a sharp knife peel it in long strips down its length.
- Once you have removed all the skin, turn it one side and slice it.
- Cut out the circular core in the centre of each slice.
- Handy tip: choose the lowest part of pineapple for your baby, that’s where the sugars are concentrated and they are sweeter and softer.
6. Recipes For Your Baby With Pineapple
Simple Pineapple Yogurt
One Pine apple Ring
- Drizzle the pineapple ring with a little maple syrup.
- Please under a grill and wait for it to become a little brown.
- Flip to the other side.
- Let it to be cooled down and blend them using a food processor. Check out for lumps.
- Stir into yoghurt and serve your baby!
Read my previous content on how can you make dates powder at home?
Originally posted 2020-03-31 17:30:03.