Found near the Himalayan foot hills in the region of Pakistan, Himalayan salt is processed minimally, and gets its characteristic pink colour from trace minerals like magnesium and potassium.
It is the most purest form of salt found on Earth. It is now hand mined and bought to culinary markets!
You can consume it, apply to your skin,add in your bath and it can do good in many ways.
Composition Of Himalayan Salt
Himalayan salt’s composition is similar to table salt. Most of the salt are not used for industry purposes and medicine due to their impurities. Salt are mostly white to pink in colour.
Himalayan salts is mostly composed of 96% of sodium chloride whereas remaining 4% comprising mineral contents. Himalayan salt is nutritionally similar to table salt whereas it lacks iodine.
1. Boost Your Electrolytes
It is a magical elixar to restore electrolyte levels when there are low!When does they get low?
Electrolyte disturbances occur in dehydration,fever,rhythm disturbances and endocrine disorders.
Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt in 2 glasses of purified water.
Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice to it!
Drink it once or twice a day.
Note that- This is not for people with kidney diseases as salt consumption is not good for them.
2. Are You Having A Bad Throat?
Are you not able to sing during your morning shower?
Now, of course,you have been heard of gargling with salt water for a sore throat. That’s right! Although it is not a immediate relief, it kills bacteria and ease pain according to Penn State medicine.
1.Add 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt in fine cup of lukewarm water!
2.Gargle it so that it goes deep under your throat.
Don’t go by swallowing it (as you are creating a good way for all the germs to enter inside and probably I have done that mistake many times not knowing how to gargle:/)
3. Pedicure At Home
Getting vexed of your sun tanned,dry, unhealthy legs? Pink himalayan salt can help to retain moisture.
1.Soak your legs in a pail of water with 1/8 cups of himalayan salt.
Let it be for 5 mins.
2.After that,take out a pumice stone or a scrubber to exfoliate the dead cells around your skin.
3.Wash your legs with cold water.
4.Apply a moisturizing cream.
5.Do it atleast once every two weeks for better results! No more tired legs:)
4. Salt Inhalers
Have you heard of it before?It is alternatively natural way for steroid asthma inhalers. When the salty air is inhaled in,the salt particles travel through the entire respiratory system. As it has antibacterial properties,it detox and purify the lungs and sinuses!
-Relieves cough and chest congestion
-improves the pulmonary function in cases like cystic fibrosis
-improves respiratory system for smokers
5. Improves Rest
Are you an insomniac? It contains many minerals including magnesium which instills relaxation. It will reduce your stress and make you sleep deep for a long time.
6. Himalayan Salt Lamps!
What’s that? Well,they are decorative lamps which you can buy for home. They are carved by Himalayan salts and believed to have various health benefits!
1.They boost your mood.
2.Helps you to sleep.
3. Improves breathing.
4.Make you to stay away from allergies.
7. Add It In Your Bath
Adding a sprinkle of pink salt in your bath not only gives the mineral levels in your body a boost, but also give your body a detox. It will soothes ache and pain in your muscles.
8. Are You Obese?
Majority of people are suffering from belly fat and fat accumulation in thighs due to obesity.
According to research studies,people have lose weight when they use Himalayan salt in their diet instead of using table salt. It is a good remedy without the fear of side effects.
9. Do You Have Acne?
- Use Himalayan salt for acne as a toner.
- Take 1/2 cup of filtered water with two teaspoons of Himalayan salt and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on your face and wash off after 10 mins.
10. Prevents Odor
Himalayan salt bars is used to prevent bacteria that causes odor.
Wet the bar and gently slide in across the underarms. You can also use in in your soles to prevent cracked heels. Dry it quickly to prevent it from breaking down.
Limit of Sodium Intake
According to World health organisation, adults should limit the salt intake about 5 grams per day(1 teaspoon).
As long as the salt consumption is within the limits, there is nothing to worry. The opaque pink salt has a rich flavour. They have a distinct structure and small enough to be absorbed by our body.
Originally posted 2020-01-13 00:48:26.