Daily eating of kodo millet is very beneficial for postmenopausal women whose suffering from signs and symptoms of heart diseases, like high blood strain and high levels of cholesterol.
Its simple to digest, incorporates a high amount of lecithin and is extraordinary for strengthening the nervous system. This is rich in photo chemical compounds, phytate that enables in reduction of most cancers dangers.
It facilitates to lessen the body weight and useful for postmenopausal women.
This is right for those stricken by symptoms of cardiovascular disease, like high blood pressure and high levels of cholesterol.
Additionally, it is right for diabetics patients, its anti diabetics compounds like quercetin, ferulic acid, p– hydroxybenzoic acid, vanillic acid and syringic acid from varagu prevents obesity.
Unprocessed or processed grain may be cooked whole or decorticated and if necessary floor to flour by traditional or industrial strategies.
In tribal sectors, it’s far cook as rice also and out of flour tribal populace prepares unique recipes.
Traditionally the whole grains of paspalum scrobiculatum is use inside the management of diabetes mellitus.
Grains also are useful inside the remedy of irritation, hemorrhages and widespread debility.
Kodo Millet (Varagu) Pulao
- Varagu/ kodo millet – 1cup
- Water – 1 & half cups
- Chopped in small pieces carrot, beans, green peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Mint leaves – 12
- Salt – as wanted
- Ghee/ oil – 3 tblsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Heat the small pressure cooker with oil or ghee.
- In low to medium flame, add some cinnamon, fennel, bay leaf.
- Do not permit fennel change its colour.
- Add onion and supply it a stir. Add ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for a minute in medium flame.
- Add the chopped veggies, mint leaves.
- Fry in low flame for about 2 mins.
- You can add a touch salt for the veggies.
- As washed, mix millet to it and mix well. Let it dry. Flame need to always in medium.
- Add some water, salt and start to boil. Mix nicely and cook dinner for a whistle in medium or low flame or in low flame possible for 12 minutes.
Inside the southern United States of America and Hawaii, it is consider to be a noxious weed.
- This can additionally have capacity to be use as grass ties on hillside plots to save you soil erosion, while additionally imparting a famine meals as a secondary cause.
- It has been state that it makes an amazing cowl crop.
- Kodo millet is a nutritious healthy grain and a good substitute to rice or wheat.
- It is also a great preference of animal fodder for livestock, goats, pigs, sheep, and poultry.
Buy Standard Kodo Millet and add in your diet for its benefits.