Have you guys wondered why there are some uneven, nonmatching discoloration of the skin?
Well, for some of you its barely noticeable while for others it’s quite obvious. Once you start wondering about skin pigmentation you may raise some questions like What causes these skin pigmentation?
Are they dangerous? How can you treat them?
Let us look into this briefly and find out some crazy home remedies to treat skin pigmentation, shall we!
What is Skin Pigmentation?
It refers to discoloration of the skin. Skin pigmentation disorder influences this change in skin color.
There are various types of skin pigmentation disorders, that include albinism, melasma, post-inflammatory hyper or hypopigmentation, vitiligo.
Albinism is an inherited disorder caused by the absence of melanin pigment.
In this case, there will be no pigmentation of hair, skin, and eyes as the abnormality in the gene restricts melanin production. There is no cure incase of albinism.
Melasma is otherwise called chloasma and pregnancy mask since it occurs in pregnant women during pregnancy. The appearance of tan or brown patches on your forehead, cheek, upper lip, nose, and chin arises in melasma.
Estrogen and progesterone sensitivity are associated with the ailment. This means that contraceptives like birth control pills, pregnancy, and hormone therapy can all accelerate melasma. Exposure to sun, Stress and thyroid disease can also be a risk factor.
Post-inflammatory hypo or hyperpigmentation occurs when your skin experiences any burn, infection, blister, or any other injury.
Liver spots or solar lentiginosis is the appearance of pale brown to dark brown spots on the skin. They are more common in the area where the skin is exposed to the sun.
Vitiligo is a condition where the body’s immune system attacks melanocytes causing pigment loss.
Treatment For Pigmentation at Home
Most of us are very familiar with the condition of hyperpigmentation in the skin. Seriously, we all hate that dark blemish that is more noticeable whenever you wanna look perfect.
What if, I told you we have a chance to change this situation. Let us look into some of the home remedies to improve and lighten the pigmented skin.
1. Raw Potato and Lemon Mask
Potatoes have a natural enzyme called catecholase that works to lighten pigmented skin. On the other hand, lemon a well known natural bleach that helps in clearing the skin damages.
- Mix a grated potato with 1/3 lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on pigmented skin and rinse with water after half an hour.
- Prepare this mask regularly twice a day to get better results.
2. Lemon juice And Honey Mask
Honey helps to moisturize your skin. On the other hand, the lemon is a well known natural bleach that helps in clearing the skin damages including pigmentations.
- Mix two table spoons of both honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on pigmented skin.
- Damp a towel in lukewarm water and cover your face with it for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Later, wash with warm water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
They are famous for toning down the dark brown discoloration caused due to skin pigmentation. It is acidic and also an excellent astringent.
- Mix equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it over the pigmented skin and leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water. Follow the procedure twice every day for better results.
4. Curd or Yogurt Mask
Curd has lactic acid which helps in removing the dead cells of your skin.
- To dwindle the pigmentation spots, you would require one tablespoon curd or yogurt.
- Apply it raw on the pigmented areas and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then, you may rinse it off your face with some lukewarm water.
5. Sandal wood
This wood is a well-known complexion enhancer. They are great for your skin as it assists lighten the pigmentation. It is an anti-tanning and an anti-aging natural medicine that help exfoliate dead cells.
- Make a paste using 2 – 3 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and rose water.
- Apply this paste on your entire face and leave for about 15-20 minutes. After that, you may rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You may also add a tablespoon of turmeric powder and milk along with this mixture at your preference.
6. Coconut Oil
It helps replenish the dead skin cells. Coconut Oil also protects the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Apply and massage with coconut oil on your face for it to penetrate deep down your skin’s layers.
- Leave the oil on your skin for about 20-25 minutes for it to get absorbed.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and repeat this procedure thrice in a week.
7. Papaya Mask
This wonderful fruit has excellent exfoliating properties. Papaya helps in removing the dead skin cells and facilitates the growth of new cells. The papain enzyme in papaya aids for the whitening of your skin.
- Make a paste using 3 tablespoons of papaya extract, milk, and organic honey.
- Apply the paste on your skin and let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After that, you may rinse it with cold water.
- You can also add vitamin E oil along with the paste. Since vitamin E oil is a well-known known antioxidant that helps to nullify the harmful effects of the UV rays from the sun.
8. Turmeric Milk Mask
Milk serves as a great moisturizer whereas the turmeric has antibacterial properties and is natural healers. Both together act to bleach away the dark pigmented spots.
- Mix 6 tablespoons of turmeric powder along with a reasonable amount of milk to form a paste.
- Apply the paste gently on your face as a mask and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the mask dries, rinse it off using lukewarm water. Also, this mask is easy to prepare and can be done every day before bath.
9. Aloe vera
It comprises aloin, a natural depigmenting compound that helps to lighten your skin. Mucilaginous polysaccharides in aloe vera aids to cure hyperpigmentation. It is useful in eliminating dead skin cells and restores the skin with the formation of new skin cells.
- Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp along with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse it away with lukewarm water.
10. Green tea Extract
This tea is known for its antioxidant properties that can also help your skin to depigment.
- Steep a green tea bag in hot water for 4 to 5 times.
- Remove the used bag and let it cool.
- Now massage those dark spots with the used teabag.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day to get wonderful results.
11. Orange peels
These peels contain citric acid which is an excellent bleaching agent. Adding Multani mitti, lemon juice, honey, and milk to it makes it incredible for treating pigmented skin, dark spots, and skin blemishes.
- Mix one tablespoon of orange peel powder, multani mitti, lemon juice, honey, and milk along with water.
- Apply it in a circular motion on the pigmented skin and let it dry.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this procedure 3 to 4 times a week to get the best results.
12. Avacado Mask
They are rich in fatty acids, vitamin C and E and oleic acid. This combination makes avocados a wonderful remedy for hyperpigmentation.
- Mix avacado pulp with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 table spoon of milk.
- Apply it over the pigmented skin and leave it for a few minutes.
- Then, wash it off with lukewarm water.
13. Black tea extract
Reaserch says that this black tea extract can help to clear those pigmented black spots when applied topically.
- Boil the black tea leaves in water and let it cool.
- Dip a cotton in it and apply it over the affected skin.
- Repeat this twice, everyday to get good results.
14. Masoor Dhal
Masoor dal face masks, which are made from red lentils have healing properties that can treat hyperpigmentation.
- Soak 50 grams of the masoor dal overnight. Create a paste by blending the soaked dal.
- Apply it over the pigmented skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with cold water.
15. Red onion
Their extract is used to lighten skin and clear any scars. Similarly, Orchid extracts, Licorice extract, and tomato paste also help to heal skin pigmentations.
Buy pure Honey and coconut oil from Standard Coldpressed oil. Here we sell pure high quality products at cheap prices.
To choose the suitable cold pressed oils, take a look at our standard brand. It gives you outstanding results in a completely safe and natural way. For these reasons, Buy oils from this authentic store.
Check it out. Standard Coldpressed Oil are here for you to deliver 100% quality Coldpressed Oils at your doorstep.
Originally posted 2020-07-28 12:47:36.