Are you constantly struggling with your child to find ways for making them eat their vegetables?
Try, giving vegetable soup instead). No matter, how you try them to pamper them with words like baby and darling, they will bring out an innocent face when they see a plateful of greens before them.
Nope, I may be wrong, not a plateful but a half or less than a quarter or even a small bite of them.
First of all, this happens with every kid. As mothers we constantly believe that how vegetables can make our child healthier and more energetic.
On the other hand, vegetables can be really difficult for them to have stars in their eyes when eating!
1. Why Your Child Feels So Hard To Eat Vegetables Then?
Do you know that we are all born with preferences for sweeter tastes?
A baby’s first food will be always breastmilk which makes the tummy full by having naturally occurring sugars like lactose which is beneficial for the child’s growth and development.
Vegetables can be more difficult for children to get adapted with since they have not-sweet, probably bitter, sour and complex tastes.
2. So How Can You Make Your Child To Eat More Vegetables And Actually Enjoy Them?
It doesn’t involve any forcing, scolding , arguing ,or making efforts to think about how to hide those vegetables in your child’s food!
Even the vegetables are the biggest tragedy of your baby’s life, it can turn out to be a blessing when the recipe is in your hand my ladies!
A mother’s life gets alot easier with a few parenting tips and simple life hacks! Let’s dive straight !
3. Tips To Make Your Children Eat Vegetables!
Add Vegetables In Your Kid’s Favourite Dish!- You can add carrots and onions in a regular dosa. Try adding veggies like cabbages, brocolli in their spaghetti and pasta. You can give them red beans with bread.
Adding A Funny Name For The Vegetables- It’s probably funny but believe this works actually.
My uncle used to call cauliflower like flowers, beans like pipe, carrots like triangle (it’s just their shape) and brocolli like brushes and mushrooms like cubes when he feeds my brother.
He ate them and asked like give me more cubes and flowers. Haha! It may sound totally crazy but you can try this 😉
Appearance is more important– This is not a hard job really! Just make a shape for dosas like star or heart. This is not really a good idea but your child will believe and love even it is out is its shape!
Try them to give them in colourful cups with cartoon printed spoons instead of same boring plate.
Appreciate her more when she’s eating- praise works well when you tell your child exactly what he did well.
Punishing a child for not eating vegetables will make vegetables as a negative thing for your child. Never encourage them by telling that you will switch on the Tv or give her your mobile.
Keep trying! – Try giving them veggies warm, roasted, steamed, with dip like sauce, nut butter etc.
Add Natural Sweeteners- like date sugar if its too hard. Its more healthy too!
4. Recipe Which Makes Everything Easy
A super easy recipe, I have come across instead of serving them in a plate with rice. Soups are always easy for your child and you can make them in a variety each time and your child will love it!
Mixed Vegetable Soup
- Onion finely chopped- 1
- Beans chopped. -6
- Carrots finely chopped- 1
- 3 florets of broccoli
- 3-4 button mushroom
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of butter
- Black pepper powder/ jeera powder
- 1 tbsp of milk ( cow’s milk if your baby is one year old, or else you can use breast milk or no milk if he/she is 6 months old.)
- 1/2 glass water
- Heat a pan with butter or oil.
- Add onions and saute them till they get cooked.
- Add grated ginger and cook well.
- all the chopped vegetables and stir fry them for 2 mins.
- Pour water and let them boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the pan till all vegetables are chewable to see.
- Add milk and allow it to boil a little.
- Soup is ready!
- Serve your baby! Encourage your baby telling something creative about the soup like ” a pool full of floating toys”.
Originally posted 2020-04-10 22:36:03.