The banana is a common fruit most mothers chose for their babies since it is easy to digest and is a loaded source of vitamins and minerals. They are essential for their babies’ growth and development. Now, we are going to see about how to make raw Kerala banana porridge for your baby!
Banana is a fruit many of us enjoy on a daily basis during breakfast, snack, evening and even night where our elders use them as a home remedy to treat constipation.
It has an excellent flavour to mingle with all kinds of salads, beverages, shakes, smoothies and even with non-vegetarian cuisine.
A US study found that bananas can lower the risk of stroke and heart attack due to the level of potassium they contain. They do this by lowering the risk of stiffness in the aorta and hardening in the arteries.
Do you know that singers Katy Perry, Adele and have bananas as one of their backstage demands while performing? It is an excellent source to boosts your energy levels up!
Bananas are deeply linked with the traditional culture of Kerala. Ethapazham or Nendrapazham is the lengthiest and biggest banana variety found aceross the state. These can be consumed to gain weight.
Now we will look into some health benefits of introducing Kerala raw banana into his diet.
1. Ethampazham Or Nendrapazham
- The interior colour of the fruit will be creamy, yellowish pink. When the pill is green. The flavour of the fruit is bland and starchy. As the peel changes to yellow and brown, it has a sweeter flavour.
- Powdered raw bananas are also a common food for kids as well as infants.
- Unripe bananas are suitable for making banana chips. Ripened bananas are used for making pazham pori, vazhakka roast and Gakkai.
2. Health Benefits Of Banana
Full Of Nutrients – There are lots of nutrients which contain potassium, calcium, iron, folate, niacin and manganese.
Vitamin A For Improving Eyesight – Carrots aren’t the only source of vitamin A. Bananas are a great source of vitamin A which improves your child’s vision preventing age-related eye disorders and macular degeneration.
Potassium For Growing Bones – Potassium is of the most important minerals in our body. It helps to regulate fluid balance and muscle contractions.
Iron For Increasing Hemoglobin – Bananas are rich in iron and thus improves the amount of haemoglobin content in the blood. Iron-rich foods are a good way to prevent your child from anaemia.
Regulate Blood Pressure – Bananas contains a low salt content which is ideal for regulating the correct blood pressure. They also contain lots of potassium which is good for heart health.
Fights Against Urinary Tract Infections- Children are more prone to UTIs since they always wear wet diapers. Banana is said to cure urinary tract infections by cleaning away all toxins from the urinary tract.
Cures Constipation – Bananas are a good source of fibre, so they regulate constipation.
3. How To Make Raw Kerala Powder?
Bunch Of Raw Firm Bananas
- Chop both ends of the banana and peel the skin.
- Use a slicer to slice them into the thin piece.
- Spread the slice in a dry sheet and sundry them until 2-3 hours or until they crisp.
- Grind them and sieve them to get remnant pieces. Collect the remnant pieces and grind them again to get a fine powder.
- Collect them in an airtight container.
4. Things To Note Before Making The Raw Banana Powder
- You must clean the banana properly. Don’t choose peel opened bananas since they may be contaminated.
- Make sure you slice bananas properly.
- It is important to choose raw or unripe bananas.
5. Raw Kerala Banana Powder Porridge
- Take 1 tbsp of powder and mix it with 100 ml of water and cold milk.
- Cook in low flame for 15 minutes. Serve a little warm to your kid. You can also add cooked oats in it. Check out the other recipe ideas for baby!
Originally posted 2020-04-04 17:48:57.