Shikakai is an integral ayurvedic ingredient, especially for hair care and beauty. It is especially used for hair treatment and growth. Indian women have used herbal shikakai powder for years to get beautiful, shiny tresses.
Since ancient times, Ayurveda has prized Shikakai as a plant with medicinal values. It is an essential ingredient to make ayurvedic shampoos.
Shikakai is rich in Vitamins A, C, D, E, K. It enriches your hair with the goodness of these vitamins and antioxidants, and helps in strengthening your tresses, cleaning, and nourishing your scalp.
Our website Standard Cold Pressed Oils has a vast product gallery of natural and organic products. Among organic cold-pressed oils, you will also find other natural items for cooking and home decor.
The Herbal Shikakai powder from Standard Cold Pressed Oils is made from the Shikakai plant and is 100% natural. It has no added chemicals, colors, or preservatives, and you can buy it at a very affordable rate.
Acacia concinna, traditionally known as Shikakai, is a shrub of Asian origin. It foams a little when rubbed with water, therefore it is also used as a natural shampoo.
Color, Taste, and Aroma of Herbal Shikakai Powder:
Shikakai is mainly dark red or brown in color, it depends on the plant. It has a pungent smell, but that only proves that it is natural. It is bitter, just like most ayurvedic medicines, but it comes with many health benefits.
Uses and Health Benefits of Herbal Shikakai Powder:
- It is a natural surfactant/shampoo. It helps to clean the scalp without causing any damage to your hair.
- Removes greasiness, and treats drying, or scaling scalp. Also helps to remove dandruff.
- Improves hair texture and makes it stronger, shinier, and manageable.
- Promotes hair growth, reduces breakage, and hair fall.
- Help make your hair softer and detangle easily
- Retains the natural color and youthfulness of your hair and prevents premature graying
- Heals your scalp from fungal or bacterial infections, and helps maintain the ph level of your scalp
For Overall Health:
- Helps boost appetite and improves digestion
- Can reduce constipation to a certain extent and improve bowel movement.
- Control bleeding during piles
- Promotes tooth and gum health, helps to prevent tooth decay, plaque, and gingivitis.
- Can I use Shikakai Powder on Skin?
Of course! Shikakai has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. You can use it for spot treatment on skin infections. Its anti-aging properties help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- How can I make a hair mask with Shikakai Powder?
Yes, you can make many hair masks with herbal Shikakai powder and some basic household ingredients. Shikakai powder with curd will help nourish your hair and ensure scalp health. You can also mix it with aloe vera gel for a deep conditioning hair mask.
- Can I use Shikakai Powder with other herbal ingredients?
Amla, Reetha, and Shikakai are like the holy trinity of haircare! You can use it with Bhringraj as well. It will be really effective and guarantee healthy, lustrous hair.
- Can Shikakai make my hair dry?
No, Shikakai will only make your hair softer, healthier, and frizz-free. It rejuvenates your scalp, promotes hair growth, and comes with many more benefits.
- Does Shikakai powder change hair color?
Not really. But it can help to prevent premature greying of hair.
- Can I use Shikakai powder on chemically treated hair?
Yes, you can. But only after the process of chemical treatment is completed, never in between. Chemical processed can make your hair rough and dry. A nourishing Shikakai hair mask will be very good for your hair.
- If I use shikakai herbal powder as shampoo, will it be harsh for my hair?
Word of Caution
Make sure that the shampoo or mask masks don’t go near your eyes, as it will sting and irritate.
Originally posted 2020-10-27 19:16:59.