Goumukhasana or cow face pose is a seated asana in hatha yoga and present-day yoga as exercising, every so often used for meditation.
What You Should Know Earlier Than Asana
It is good if the goumukhasana is done first in the morning. Its benefits are numerous.
Your abdominal and bowels have to be empty when you practice this asana. Ensure you have got your meals as a minimum of 10 to 12 hours before your practice.
The way To Try This:
- Sit erect on the ground along with your legs stretches out in the front of you, preferably in Dandasana.
- Now gently bent your one leg, and place it below your right buttock.
- Fold your right leg and place it over your left thigh.
- Now place both knees close together as they are stacked one on top of the other.
- Lightly fold your left arm and place it behind Low-back.
- Take your right arm over your right shoulder, and stretch it as lots as you can until it reaches your left hand. With practice, you may be able to now not simply reach, however additionally seize your left hand.
- Keep the torso or trunk erect, extend your chest, and lean barely returned.
- Keep this pose for so long as you are comfy, as you Inhale slowly and deeply. Deal with your breathing.
Precautions And Contraindications
There are some factors of warning that you must hold in thoughts before you Workouts.
- People with rotator cuff injuries, tightness, ankle, and knee pains need to refrain from training this asana or search for suitable changes physical-therapy. When you have Back pain, it’s best to consult a health practitioner earlier than you try this asana, and exercise handiest under the supervision of a licensed yoga trainer.
- When you have tight shoulders and fail to clasp your arms behind your back, use a strap between your arms. Start the Posture with a strap draped over the shoulder of the lower arm. Slide the lower arm to the returned (you have to ensure that you slide your arm as much to the top of the again as feasible), then catch the free end of the strap with the upper arm.
- In case of other restrictions, performing this Stretching exercising might be tough. However don’t worry. Alternatively, start small. You may start by seeking to take your palms backward, keeping elbow to elbow (you don’t have to clasp the hands), and certainly stretching your toes and crossing one over the opposite.
- With time and persistence, you will be able to carry out the pose perfectly as it makes your back muscles body bendy and smooth to stretch.
Benefits Of Cow Face Pose
- This asana helps to flex the back, making it more elastic.
- It helps to remedy stiffness of shoulders, thighs, and also helps in freeing the cervical spine.
- Practising the gomukhasana also aids within the remedy of sciatica.
- It complements the operating of the kidneys, thereby supporting the ones laid low with diabetes.
- Works on making the pericardium area more accessible.
- Practicing this asana often can reduce pressure and anxiety.
The Science Behind The Goumukhasana
This asana involves your shoulders and hips, each of which is common sites of house tension and chronic pain. This asana, quite prominently, enhances the blood-flow, range-of-motion movement inside the shoulder joints.
Even if you have tight shoulders, and you continue practising this asana, in a span of a few months, your shoulders will loosen out. This asana is healing and enables in pressure release.
Goumukhasana, or the cow face pose, relaxes the muscle groups, glutes, hamstrings and imparts a feeling of calm. When you attempt to pull your upper-body on this pose, relieve the anxiety within the hamstring muscle-tendon joints of your body receives escalated.
Word of Caution
In response to this anxiety, the spinal twine indicators the muscle tissues to relax. The ‘stretch’ this pose creates (like maximum other yoga poses) consequences inside the release of endorphins that induce a sense of rest inside your body and mind.
It can enhance cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, and muscular power.
You can also try other exercises like squats, lifting weights many more.