Diabetes Mellitus is a state of health related to metabolism of an individual or an human being. It creates a major impact on our daily life and health.
It is concerned to the level of sugar in our blood where it can be high or low comparatively to the standardized or worldly or region wise approved value.
What Is Diabetes?
This state is normally seen as serious when there is high sugar level in blood which is called ad diabetics.
When we consume carbohydrates or any of glucose, the insulin secreted from our beta cells of pancreas helps in converting the glucose and storing it in our body in an acceptable form.
When there is no secretion of insulin or secretion of insulin is not effective to the amount of glucose we consume, the excessive amount of glucose gets into our blood and we call this state as diabetics or state of high sugar.
There are two types of diabetes such as type 1 and type 2. Though both denotes the high level of sugar in blood, the severity and symptoms vary.
When there is an inability in production of insulin from beta cells of pancreas, the sugar level increases and this is called as type 1 diabetics.
When there is successive secretion of insulin from beta cells of pancreas but the amount of insulin secreted is inadequate to the amount of carbohydrates consumed by a human, there is a high level of sugar in blood and this state is called type 2 diabetics.
This diabetics shall lead to drastic change or even death. This had become very common especially in India and other thickly populated countries. This leads to cardiac arrest, kidney infections, kidney failure, etc.
Raw Honey is one of the natural product which tastes sweet, has a sticky texture and thick / concentrated consistency.
Honey reduces the fasting serum glucose which were tested and confirmed by many doctors and medical practioners.
It helps in indicating pancreas to produce insulin and work efficiently. This happens since intake of honey initiate secretion of essential enzymes that helps in analyzing intake of food or carbohydrates and insulin requirements.
There had been several researches on honey, which helps in reduction of weight and cholesterol too apart sugar level maintenance.
Honey is definitely a better or best option and alternative for sugar especially for diabetics since there are many benefits in accordance to sugar level maintenance.
Honey And Purity
Raw honey starts out as flower nectar. After bees collect the nectar, it naturally breaks down into simple sugars, which bees store in honeycombs.
The honeycombs cause the nectar to evaporate, creating a thick, sweet liquid. This is honey.
Honey, like other types of sugar, is a dense source of carbohydrates. Most of these carbs are in the forms of glucose and fructose, which are simple sugars.
Unlike refined white sugar, honey also contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Other studies have suggested that honey may have additional benefits because it contains antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
A review published in 2017 looked at the potential roles of honey in healing. The authors noted that, in people with type 2 diabetes, doctors may one day use honey to lower blood sugar levels, reduce the risk of complications related to diabetes and metabolic disease, and help heal wounds.
In 2014, researchers in Greece published similar findings, noting that honey might help to fight the inflammatory processes that occur with diabetes, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular disease, all of which are features of metabolic syndrome.
6 Pure Honey Tests
- Take a tablespoon of honey and put it in a glass of water. If the honey dissolves, then it is not pure. Pure honey should stay together as a solid when submerged in water.
- Take a bit of honey and mix it with water. Then place four or five drops of vinegar into the solution. If it turns foamy, the honey might have been adulterated with gypsum.
- Scoop a bit of honey into a spoon and let it fall from the spoon. Honey with high water content will fall quickly. Mature honey of good quality will stay on the spoon or fall very slowly.
- Light a match and try to burn some of the honey. If it lights and burns, then it is pure. Impure or low-quality honey often contains extra water that keeps it from burning.
- If you have iodine at home, take some honey, mix it with water, and add a few drops of iodine. If the solution turns blue, then the honey has been adulterated with some sort of starch or flour.
- Take a small piece of old, hard bread and submerge it in the honey. If, when you remove it 10 minutes later, the bread is still hard, then the honey is pure. If there is a lot of water in the honey, the bread will soften.
Buy Pure honey in Chennai !