No Indian home can be seen without an Indian Tawa. A well-seasoned Tawa is one of the most important cookware every Indian wife or mother needs to make crispy ghee dosas and fluffy chapatis.But in today’s modern world usage of non-stick cookware has become a practice and the culture of using cast iron Tawa sounds old fashioned for many people who are unaware of what they really are!
But congratulations for standing apart from the modern crowd and visiting us to get the cast iron Tawa online and reap its benefits!
1. What Is Special About Our Standard Iron Tawa?
- Our standard cast iron Tawas are single handle weighing 3-5 kgs.
- The average weight of the cast iron Tawa makes it retain a high amount of heat which reduces the chances to get food burnt.
- Our dosa Tawa will not take longer time to get heated.
- Since it is made up of cast iron, you can maintain it with ease.
- Besides being durable and sturdy, it can also last long.
- It spreads even distribution throughout the whole Tawa and food will be cooked to your expectations.
- Standard Tawa is very versatile and can work on electric, gas as well as induction cooktops.
- If you are health conscious and also worried about the amount of oil consumed in dosas, no worries! Cast iron absorbs the oil and evenly cooks them.
- They are chemical-free and different from non-stick cookwares which use harmful chemicals like Teflon while manufacturing.
- Last but not least, we offer at a reasonable price and the product will be delivered to your doorstep within a week!
2. Health Benefits
1. Keeps Anaemia At Bay
It’s not always the fruits and vegetables, sometimes the cookware can even surprise you! As everyone knows, iron is one of the most necessary minerals needed for the production of red blood cells in our body.
The more iron, the more haemoglobin your body will produce to transfer the oxygen throughout the body. Most importantly, cooking in a cast iron tawa helps to increase your iron levels and reduce your chances to develop iron deficiency anaemia. ! And it is definitely the easiest way to improve your iron intake!
2. Healthy Pregnancy
Everybody knows how much iron is important during the pregnancy period. Increase in iron helps in the development of RBC cells which are responsible to transport oxygen and the developing fetus too. Consuming foods using iron utensils helps to increase the amount of haemoglobin and prevent iron deficiency.
3. Improve Athletic Performance
Most athletes fall drowsy due to iron deficiency. Iron deficiency anaemia limits an athlete’s work and thus reduce the immune response too. Cooking with iron cookwares supports iron levels in their body.
3. How To Season The Iron Tawa?
Many people think that seasoning is a very difficult task and choose non-stick cookwares which are actually a blessing in disguise.
But probably most of us didn’t know it’s a very easy way.
Steps To Season An Iron Tawa
- Firstly, mix oil with rock salt(optional) and apply all over the pan. Apply on the front and back with oil and don’t forget the handles.
- Place the pan on the gas stove and heat it for 2-3 minutes. Wait until you notice the smoking of the pan and turn off. Remove the excess oil.
- Use a tissue to wipe the oil. Oil seasoning did!
1. How To Clean And Maintain The Iron Tawa?
Cleaning cast iron cookware can be done in a blink of an eye! Most importantly, you need to wash away the food particles and dry the Tawa by keeping it on the stove for a minute until the water evaporates. Apply a thin coat of oil on all sides and therefore you are done!
Rinsing the Tawa using a little amount of mild detergent is fine. But the usage of metal scouring pads is strictly not recommended which can harm the seasoning.
2. What Should You Do When Food Sticks To The Tawa?
No worries! Add rock salt to the lemon juice and rub all over the Tawa. This, this will remove all the food stuck in the Tawa.
3. Why Cast Iron Tawas Is Still A Choice Among Professional Chefs?
Food cooked in non-stick pans don’t taste good unless you see the pan so high and atomize the nonstick Teflon coating with your food. Food really tastes better with cast iron cookware. That’s why it still remains as a professional choice among cooks.
4. Why Is Iron Tawa Different From Other Non-Stick Cookwares?
Non-stick cookware is coated with polytetrafluoroethylene which is also known as Teflon.
Teflon is a safe and stable compound but! At temperature above 300°, C Teflon coating on non-stick cookware starts to break down, releasing toxic chemicals into the air.
This can cause temporary flu-like symptoms called polymer fume fever. Check out our iron kadai.
So, what are you waiting for! Get the 100% quality iron tawa at a reasonable price. Iron tawas hold a historical benefit for generations! So, try our traditional products which are worth your price and we will surely build a friendly relationship with your kitchen.