“Life is the flower for which love is the honey!“said by Victor Hugo.
Here, love is compared to honey but why? It is the sweetest thing on Earth! Wonder why we call our loved ones honey.
All flowers have honey but only the heroic bees find out the best sweetness and produce a marvellous beehive. Thank you mother nature!
While knowing what tastes the best, we should also know how it is nutritionally valued and their other beneficial uses apart from cooking! Let’s dive straight into the topic now!
High mountain honey is the honey produced by high mountain flowers over 1000 ml. This produces a aromatic smell. It has a dark amber colour and a thick texture.
Nutritional Value Of Mountain Honey
- Honey is a great source of carbohydrates. Nectar which is only made up of sucrose and water. But bees add additional enzymes to the nectar and then sucrose get converted into fructose and glucose and water gets evaporated so that the resulting compound will not get spoiled!
- It is made up of 80% of sugar fructose and glucose. It is sweeter than table sugar.
- This is a natural sweetener which contains phenolic acids and flavunoids which are rich in antioxidants and free of fat and cholesterol.
- Honey also contains many vitamins and minerals. The vitamins present in Honey B6, niacin, thiamine, riboflavina dn pantothenic acids. The minerals are calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
1. Easy Digestion
Honey has a healthy glycemic index. Its sugar can be absorbed in the bloodstream quickly and making a way for easy digestion.
We should avoid eating high glycemic food as it results in sudden elevated insulin to metabolize the sudden surge of glucose into blood.
2. Having A Bad Throat?
Honey as a smoother for throat cures cough and relieves a bad throat! Research studies said that honey is scientifically proven to reduce the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection.
3. Antiseptic And Antibacterial Properties
Honey antiseptic and has antibacterial properties. The best thing done by honey is it heals little scaring to no scarring.
It treats wounds from surgery, abrasions, sunburns, injury, bedsores and even stretchmarks!
4. Are You Allergic?
Here, I have a personal experience to share!I am allergic to cold wind, pollen grains, dust. So, how does a person develop allergic symptom like itching, watery eyes and runny nose?
Due to the increased production of IGE (immunoglobulin E) in our body, histamine gets released in high amounts and causes allergy.
Honey could treat it better rather than histamine blocking agents! Taste a few teaspoons of raw honey to prevent allergic symptoms.
5. Disturbed Sleep?
Honey promotes restorative sleep. Consuming honey before bedtime helps to restock the liver’s oxygen supply and prevent your brain triggering for fuel which can wake you up!
Another way is that, it favours the release of melatonin in the brain,which boosts immunity and rebuild tissue which decreases the risk factors of hypertension, DM, obesity, cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
6. Used As A First Aid
Honey has good aiding factors for treatment of burns and injury. In the University of Walkato, New Zealand, Peter charles has mentioned that honey has good antibacterial properties and helps in wound healing.
In fact, honey reacts with the body fluids and make hydrogen peroxide to elope bacteria out of the wound! Hydrogen peroxide? The same thing is used in cleaning the diabetic foot ulcers.
7. Works Great For Skin
Acne – Honey is a good antibacterial and it prevents acne.
Anti Aging – It is full of antioxidants and decreases aging factors.
1. Mix one spoon of raw honey with coconut oil or olive oil.
2. Apply on the affected area and massage in a circular motion for one to two minutes.
3. Place a hotwash cloth over your face and let it cool.Then wash your face in lukewarm water.
4. Repeat daily for good results.
8. Can We Use Honey For Hair?
A big noooo from my side! Honey may work for some but may end up the worst for some people. Honey makes hydrogen peroxide which end up inhibiting melanin which is responsible for hair colour.
Here, I would like to add the very tragedic experiences of some of my friends.
My hostelmates once applied honey to their hair and after a few applications, they got grey patches of hair!
It is not easy to wash, makes your hair sticky and attracts bugs!
9. Want To Lose Few Kgs?
A teaspoon of honey before bedtime help to reduce your weight. Body burns more fat during early hours of sleep.
It suppresses the appetite. Most people used to overeat honey and it will result in weight gain. Anything in moderation is better!
Honey production and usage has a long history! Besides, being used as a food and medicine, It is also used in talisman and symbol of sweetness with religious meaning!
You can buy our Standard Honey from our website.
Originally posted 2020-01-12 22:28:35.